Why digital marketing is critical to brand success
It isn’t news to anyone that technology has changed the world. It has changed the way we consume content, how we purchase products, and how we discover new things. We work, learn, connect and buy online. This is why digital marketing is critical to brand success. If you’re not online, you don’t exist for your consumers.
While traditional marketing has its place, the field of potential customers you can reach online is far greater than the one you’ll be able to attract using localised advertising. Digital marketing allows you to reach a global audience in a cost-effective, scalable and measurable way.
What does it do?
Greater brand awareness.
To get new customers they need to be aware you exist. To do this, you need to expand your reach so that you target a large audience quickly and efficiently. Multiple free or low-cost digital channels are at your disposal to do this, including search engines, influencer marketing, social media marketing, podcasts, email, programmatic advertising and more.
Lower cost per acquisition of customers (CPA)
Using digital marketing will greatly reduce your CPA as it allows you to gain new customers at a lower cost than traditional marketing. Acquisition costs are lowered by:
- Targeting the most relevant audiences
- Crafting messaging that will resonate with your customers
- Improving conversion rates
- Tracking and optimising campaigns in real-time
- Retargeting audiences based on behavioural signals
- Automating repetitive marketing tasks
A well-executed digital marketing strategy will deliver a higher profit margin and a greater ROI for your marketing activities
Digital marketing allows you to automate many of your marketing activities, which in turn lets you execute campaigns quicker, effectively saving on time, effort, resources and costs. It also lets you nurture leads consistently by allowing you to focus your marketing efforts on those that are most likely to translate into sales. Automation is the foundation for scaling your marketing efforts.
You can automate your digital marketing by:
- Scheduling social posts in advance
- Automating delivery of emails
- Salvaging abandoned carts
- Creating workflows to automate customer follow-up and lead scoring
Personalisation and customization
Digital marketing lets you personalise and customise your content with relevant messaging and information to target specific audiences or individuals. This means that you avoid the ‘spray and pray’ approach, and have your content delivered to the demographics most likely to be interested in your products or services. Tailored content typically results in higher conversion rates.
Greater lead generation
Digital advertising makes it easier for customers to discover your brand, find out more about your products and services and become a lead in your pipeline. By employing SEO strategies, you can increase the chances that your website will appear near the top of search engine results for relevant keywords. This immediately puts you in your customer’s face when they are actively searching for what you offer, which makes it all the more likely that they will become a lead.
Digital marketing is not the future – it’s the now. And you need to be on board if you want to access the customers you require to grow your business.
The key benefits of digital marketing include:
- Getting to know your customers better by interacting with them to learn what they are looking for.
- Driving engagement and building brand loyalty.
- A global audience at your fingertips.
- Personalisation which allows you to target the right audience at the right time.
- The ability to communicate with your customers at every stage of the buying process.
- Time and cost savings through automation.
- Measurable metrics.
- Connecting to your customers when they are most receptive.
- Increasing awareness, leads and revenue in the most cost-effective way.
If you’re not making use of digital advertising, now is the time to ask yourself ‘why not?’. It will not only cause your business to save, but it could very well save your business.
Don’t wait until tomorrow – your customers are researching their options today.
Contact CBR Marketing to find out how we can help you grow your business through digital advertising.